CS Analyst™ Datasheet
CS Analyst™ is a frequency domain application that solves interference injected on electrical cables.
Use CS Analyst™ to predict voltage and current induced by low frequency electromagnetic fields and system operations and to evaluate the performance of system design elements such as cable shields, EMI filtering, and system grounding.
Purchase CS Analyst™ as a stand-alone application or as a component of the EMI Analyst™ suite. CS Analyst™ runs on Microsoft Windows.
Analysis Results Display
Graph induced voltage and current, accounting for shielding, filtering, and system resonances.
Fully customizable appearance
- Axis scale
- Color, font size, line styles, etc.
- Tabular data
- Graph amplitude vs. Frequency along cable
- Graph amplitude vs. position over frequency
- Amplitude vs. Frequency vs. Position
CS Analyst™ supports conducted susceptibility requirements from all industries and regulatory agencies worldwide
- DEF-STAN 59-41
- CFR FCC Part 15
Account for shield termination method and its effect on cable shielding effectiveness.
- Peripheral Shield Terminations
- Wire Pigtail Terminations
- Braid Pigtails
- Flat Conductor Pigtails
- Terminations at one end or both ends
All CS limits, all agencies and custom limits. User definable and fully customizable.
- Up to 1000 frequency/amplitude waypoints
- 1 Hz to 100 GHz
- Amps, Volts, dBuA, dBuV
- Amplitudes from 1E-12 to 1E+12
- Continuous, discontinuous, segmented, and fragmented limits
Shield Transfer Impedance
Calculates shield transfer impedance, the true figure of merit for cable shielding effectiveness, using shield physical parameters, such as:
- Number of Strands
- Strand Diameters or Wall Thickness
- Weave Angle
- Strand Material
- Optical Coverage
Solid wall and woven wire braid cable shields.
- 10 Hz to 100 GHz
- Linear or logarithmic steps
- Resolution 1 Hz (linear), 1000 pts/ decade (logarithmic)
Take into account the loading and resonant effects of circuitry in your system by accurately modeling the RF characteristics of your circuits. Easily
accommodates the non-linear loading effects of Line Impedance Stabilization
Networks required for standardized CS tests.
Model loading, coupling, mismatch, and resonant effects of cabling using eight fully configurable conductor configurations. Select length, wire gauge, separation, ground plane, and shield attributes to match your system interconnects.
- Unshielded wire pair
- Shielded wire pair
- Shielded single wire
- Unshielded wire triple
- Unshielded wire pair over ground plane
- Shielded single wire over ground plane
- Unshielded wire over ground plane
- Shield wire pair over ground plane
Accurately synthesize EMI filters using the built-in schematic capture program. Choose from ideal and realistic components. Complete property customization.
- Resistors, inductors, capacitors
- Ferrite beads
- Coupled inductors, differential mode and common mode
- Feed-through capacitors
- Standard terminations
- Wiring and printed circuit interconnects
- Windows 7, 8, or 10, 32-bit or 64-bit
- 1 USB port, 2.0 or later
- 4 GB RAM or more
- 200 MB hard drive space
- License Key