RE Analyst™ is a frequency domain analysis tool that computes electric and magnetic fields radiated from wiring.
Radiated Emissions Analysis Results
Graph radiated emissions predictions in the same format as measurement plots.
Fully customizable appearance
Account for shield termination method and its effect on cable shielding effectiveness.
- Peripheral Shield Terminations
- Wire Pigtail Terminations
- Braid Pigtails
- Flat Conductor Pigtails
- Terminations at one end or both ends
RE Noise Source Templates
Model voltage and current waveform properties used in your electrical and electronic circuits. Define nearly any waveform using the eight built-in waveform templates or import waveforms from scope measurements or simulations.
- Gated sinusoid
- Double exponential
- Damped sinusoid
- Inductive switching transient
- Pulse-modulated sine
- Ringing trapezoid
- Piece-wise linear
- 10 Hz to 100 GHz
- Linear or logarithmic steps
- Resolution 1 Hz (linear), 1000 pts/ decade (logarithmic)
Conducted emissions are affected significantly by circuit loading, coupling, mismatch, and resonant effects of cabling. Use eight built-in, fully configurable conductor templates to design your cabling. Select length, wire gauge, separation, ground plane, and shield dimensions to match your system interconnects.
- Unshielded wire pair
- Shielded wire pair
- Shielded single wire
- Unshielded wire triple
- Unshielded wire pair over ground plane
- Shielded single wire over ground plane
- Unshielded wire over ground plane
- Shield wire pair over ground plane
Accurately predict power line conducted emissions using Line Impedance Stabilization Network models and account for loading and resonant effects of circuitry to which your system is connected by accurately modeling end circuits using the same schematic capture program used for EMI Filters described above.
All RE limits, all agencies and custom
limits. User definable and fully customizable.
- Up to 1000 frequency/amplitude waypoints
- 1 Hz to 100 GHz
- Amps/m, Volts/, dBuA/m, dBuV/m
- Amplitudes from 1E-12 to 1E+12
Shield Transfer Impedance
Calculates shield transfer impedance, the true figure of merit for cable shielding effectiveness, using shield physical parameters, such as:
- Number of Strands
- Strand Diameters or Wall Thickness
- Weave Angle
- Strand Material
- Optical Coverage
Solid wall and woven wire braid cable shields.
Accurately synthesize EMI filters using the built-in schematic capture program. Choose from ideal and realistic components. Complete property customization.
- Resistors, inductors, capacitors
- Ferrite beads
- Coupled inductors, differential mode and common mode
- Feed-through capacitors
- Standard terminations
- Wiring and printed circuit interconnects